Wednesday 11 January 2012

Icing Friends

Hi, this is my first entry on my first blog ever. I have always loved being in the kitchen doing baking and all. I also like crafting and things like that. With my icing friends, I got a icing moulds book for my birthday, and the icing itself I got for Christmas - thanks Nana. This year I have started making my new icing friends. Here are a couple I made today.

The first one I want to show you is my elephant ...

I started with white icing then dyed it pink with red colour gel food colouring. I only used a little so I could get the pink. My elephant ended up being bigger than I intended to be. But in my opinion he still looks really cute. To hold  up his head I had to use some uncooked pasta. I had lots of fun making him.            

The next one I want to show you is a white dog ...

I used white icing to make my dog. To make him look fluffy, I got a toothpick and got under the icing and flicked it up. I did it all over his little fat body apart from his face. It might be a bit hard to see his eyes and nose because they're white. I don't have any black icing yet but I do intend to get some soon. You may be able to see some little brown spots on his face, this is because I tried using some chocolate chip drops for eyes.  I did not like how they looked so took them off but some chocolate dust remained.       

2 comments:

  1. Love your elephant and dog. Looking forward to seeing what else you create from the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete