Tuesday 17 January 2012

Crocodile Cake

Hello
A couple days ago I made a vanilla layered cake without the layer. Things just went a little wrong. so it turned out to be very flat, but that's ok. I iced the cake with blue icing. I used the icing that makes it taste strawberry, you were meant to just add water to the icing, but I started to make butter cream icing but I didn't have enough plan icing. So I added the pink icing. On the back of it, it said 200g icing sugar and something like 2T butter optional. My Mum has used this icing before without the butter and it didn't turn pink. I had the butter and it turned pink. I had to use a lot of blue food colouring. In the end I made it turn blue. Not in the shade I wanted it to be. But that's ok. I made this cake so i could but my giant crocodile on it.
Here is what it turned out to look like.....

I had a little trouble getting him on the cake. But I got him on in the end with some help from Dad. His leg was  going to full of. I joined it on with some water but you can't really tell.
To me the cake was not finished, so I made some fish to go on it.
Here is the final look.....

Now it looks complete, don't you think.
Here's a close up on the fish

Well I have now told you all I can about this cake.
          
            

1 comment: